Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wild animals, funny teachers, and moldy bread

This week has just flown by! I can't believe that on Monday, I will be in my 5th week. This week has been really good, we have had some great class sessions and taught some good discussions. Also, I have made close to all of my free throws, so I have been playing basketball every day.


So far my favorite meals have been this chicken pasta thing (tasted kinda like alfredo), Navajo Tacos, and enchiladas with beans and rice. I miss eating my 5 small meals a day. We have early dinner at 4:30 so by the time class gets out and we are done planning at 9:30, we basically all turn into wild animals, eating anything we can get our hands on. I'm kinda excited about being able to cook for myself and eat homemade food from the people there.


I just got my first haircut here, they did it in like 5 minutes, no joke! It was crazy fast, it looks good. I miss talking to grandma though while I'm getting it cut, ha ha.


I love all of my teachers, they all have great and different personalities. There is only one that speaks native Spanish, we don't get him very often but sometimes he subs and boy, that's a treat. His name is Hermano Jimenez (I have noo idea if that's spelled right but it's pronounced: HIM-EN-EZ). He is actually fromVeracruz and served in Mexico City.


We have another teacher, Hermoan Moen, who might be the funniest guy I have ever met. He went to Columbia and he is stocky, full of energy and is a convert. Never a boring day with him. He has this booming, deep voice and if we ever look like we are tired he takes us outside and has us run a lap around the building and do 40 pushups, haha. The last time we did was on Wednesday and we were running around when all the new missionaries were coming in...I think we kinda scared them cuz it looked like boot camp! Another time he had us march in a line, with the loud footsteps and everything while singing, "I don't know what I've been told...Espanol, never gets old!" We got some good looks for that one. We were walking to another building so we could use the computers and he wanted to make it fun. He is the one pretending to be Mateo right now.


Well, you know what time it is! Funny story time! Well, elder Wheeler got a package a little while ago with some homemade bread, popcorn, cookies and other assorted goodies. I was just kinda movin stuff around the other day, organizing a little bit, and I grabbed a loaf of banana bread that was in a ziplock bag, but it wasn't exactly bread anymore. The backside was just destroyed with black and blue mold...It was disgusting. Me and Elder Wheeler were like, "OOHHH NOOO! Game Over! Aaauggh!" You know, just the typical things one says when he disovers moldy bread. So we took it into the other room and asked them if they wanted any bread. One of the elders goes, "Wheeler, pretty sure the lady that sent you this is trying to kill you!" Ha ha. So I took a sharpie and wrote, "FREE" on it and stuck it outside a different room where a couple of elders from our district live. I knocked on the door and said, "You guys want some food?" and left it on the floor. We can hear them jump up, "YES!!" and rush to open the door. Elder Slade opens the door and goes, "Awww, what the...???" and then tosses it back into our room. So Elder Lee grabbed it and chucks it at them in their room. So we all run back to our room, laughing absolutely hysterically, yelling, "Quick!! Shut the door, shut the door!!" We almost had it shut when the diseased bread comes flying into our room over our heads by like a foot, and smashes into the wall and lands on the desk. The bag broke open a little bit, not enought to where any of the bread got out though. But we are just freaking out. "Oh no! Get it in the trash!!!!" "If we breathe the fumes of that thing we are gonna die!!" We frantically took it into the bathroom and disposed of it, haha. It was great.


Well, I'm doing great, I'm happy as can be and learning like a school boy. Wow... Elder Lee is snoring sooo loud right now. Mom, I'm glad you had the idea to bring ear plugs, there would be some long nights with out them.


I love you and miss you!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Eastmond

No comments:

Post a Comment