Search This Blog

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Amazing Week!

Amazing Week!!                                                                                             Dec 29, 2011
Hola Familia!


I'm glad to hear that you guys had an awesome Christmas! I'm glad John is doing well and that you got to talk to him! I'm glad that my letters all came in time and that you enjoyed my broken Spanish testimony, haha I'm glad that it brought the spirit even if it doesn't make much sense.


This week has been soooo good! I can hardly believe that it's almost a week from Christmas, it has by far been the fastest week so far in the MTC. We have been teaching an investigator named Mateo, I might have told everyone about him but I can't quite remember, if so just play along ;) He has been fun to teach because he has a ton of crazy questions and it is a fun challenge to try and understand what he is always talking about and what not! The first couple of times we taught him he was just asking questions (totally random and crazy) and not really even letting us talk, but as we have taught him more and more (I think we will be teaching him our 4th lesson tommorrow) he has really mellowed out and realized that we really believe in what we're teaching. We have been really trying to apply teaching skills that we have been learning in class, and incorporating more scriptures, and it has worked wonders. We asked Mateo yesterday that if he gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon (he was wondering if the Book of Mormon is from God or a trick of the Devil, haha) if he would prepare to be baptized, and he accepted without hesitation. We have been sharing with him the scriptures in Moroni 7 where it talks about if these things be good, ye shall know, etc. So we are just trying to teach him about how the Holy Ghost will feel when he prays and waits for an answer! I'm soooooo EXCITED to actually get out in the field to teach real people! I can't even stand it. I have soooo much to learn but I know the Lord will help me pack in as much spanish, gospel, and teaching skills that I can't to be somewhat ready for Veracruz.


Last night we had a private Missionary coaching study with Hermano Kruger (one of or teachers, coolest guy ever) and we practiced teaching him with questions. It has been our goal to get investigators more involved and get them thinking for themselves by using specific and inspired questions. It also helps us to get to know them and their needs better so we can teach them stuff to apply to their lives. It was so cool though because we did a practice where Hermano Kruger was "Gustavo" and he had been going to church for 6 months but was Ateo. (atheist) So we had to teach him and figure him out using questions, we had to ask a question every three sentences (and this is all in Spanish of course) and try to get to know what he wants in his life and what we can teach him. It was a good experience because at first we weren't being specific enough and we were just kinda going in a big circle not getting anywhere, it's hard in spanish sometimes to ask more specific questions, haha. So he stopped us for a second and gave us some advice, and by the end we could tell that we had touched something in him, becuase his responses has changed and he was putting alot more thought into his responses, it was a cool learning moment. There is definitely no substitute for learning something than practice!


I'm getting my haircut for the first time here today, I will miss having my professional barber, grandma, cut it, haha. We are continuing to grow even closer as a district and as a companionship, I thank the Lord everyday for surrounding me with the missionaries that he did, they are amazing. Everyone is soooooo completely different from eachother, I don't think you could get a more different group of guys, but we get along so good, we work hard together and teach eachother through all of our different experiences, and we make the MTC fun.


I have a couple of good stories, one involving moldy bread, I am sending letters today with more stuff about my week so look for those soon!


I love you all and I'm glad you had an awesome Christmas!!


Elder Eastmond (Jr.)

No comments:

Post a Comment