Search This Blog

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Cambios (Transfers/changes)

Hola mi querida familia!

So we have everything ready for this transfer. This Thursday we did all of the changes with President and all the chaos starts tommorrow. My new companion is going to be Elder Egbert!! He gets here tommorrow in the afternoon and I´m really pumped about it! We left the MTC together so we have the same time on the mission and we have gotten to know each other really well during these 2 years. He was one of my zone leaders earlier in the mission and I learned so much from him. We´re really good friends already and he´s going to help us out a ton here in the offices, he´s got a lot of good ideas so its soing to be a great change. Also, we called two new traveling asistants, one of them is Elder Mata!! This is his last transfer so he will finish up here in the offices, and the other traveling asistent is Elder Lopez, who I have also gotten to know really well so we are all pretty excited. We called a couple of new zone leaders and it will be fun to work with them and help them in their zones. 

On monday all of the new missionaries get here, there are going to be 8 from mexico getting here in the morning and 6 americans getting here at night. Then on tuesday we are goin to have a bunch of meetings with them and the new trainers and we will present the trainers with their new companions before lunch. The mission continues to grow so much that every transfer we have to open up new areas and put 2 companionships in one ward, its great!

On thursday we are going to the airport to send 6 missionaries home. 5 Elders and 1 sister. Among them are Elder Fox, Elder Chico, and Elder Ortiz, who finished here in the offices. Its going to be really hard to say goodbye to them because we have worked so much together and had lots of experiences together. Elder Ortiz was the companion who I have been with the longest, 1 transfer in Magisterio and then 2 more in the Laguna. I enjoyed our time together because Elder Ortiz is always happy and always has a good joke to tell but was an excellent missionary who taught me so much. I´m really gonna feel weird now without him at my side but I know the changes are fun and good and I´m so grateful that I will get a companion just as good!

Tommorrow we have an amazing baptism planned!! After church we are going to baptized Tomasa! She has been such a trooper in these last couple weeks, it has surprised us how easily and willingly she has accepted everything and it´s going to be a special baptism, especially because its the last one for Elder Ortiz and the gang. Tomasa is a really special lady she has diabetes and sometimes is in a lot of pain but has so much faith in God and knows that everything will work out. I will let you guys know how everything went next week, pray hard so everthing works out well with her baptism!

I have loved hearing about all of the adventures of Parker and Devin. Sounds like Parker has taken over my role of being out of the house like 95% of the time, haha. And i´ve decided that the absolute first thing that I want to do when I get home is listen to Devin play the saxaphone. Its sounds like he´s just tearing that thing up, and as a freshman!! I´m proud of him for his hard work and practice to get to where he is right now! Well, my times up but I love you guys sooooo much!!! Behave yourselves and have a great week!!

Mucho amor, 

Elder Eastmond

1 comment:

  1. One of the new elders arriving from the states is my son Elder Dial! Thank you for this blog! It is so exciting to see the work going on and know that my son will soon be a part of it. Elder Eastman seems to be such a good example of the valiant and with the work being hastened forward I am thankful my Elder will be in his training!

    ReplyDelete