Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Casi, casi

Hola fam!

It´s getting so close! I can hardly believe it!!! It´s feels so weird to know that this is my last full week working in the field. I cant really explain how I feel, there are alot of emotions, but I cant describe how excited I am to see you all again! It´s going to be a really fun christmas this year!!

I´m kinda nervous for the weather, hahaha not gonna lie! It was really hot today and I was enjoying it so much, we went and played Volleyball with the two zones here and everyone had a really good time. Afterwards we went to the place that has the classic memelas that are so big and delicious. I feel like when I get home I´m going to just dry out like a little prune and then freeze over, haha it´s going to be a hard adjustment from the beautiful weather here. 

This week we got to baptized Andrea! I sent the picture in the other email, there were quite a few members that went and there was a sweet spirit in the baptismal service. Before Andrea left the room with Elder Conklin to be baptized, she just started crying because she was so happy. She has been going to church for like 4 months now but she finally made the decision to join the church, it has been a blessing to get to know her and a privlege to see her get baptized.   

We tried to work more with norma´s parents but they just aren´t quite ready to support Norma yet. They want her to get baptized but they aren´t doing much to help her. We invited them again to church and norma´s mom said that she would go, but she ended up working instead. We are going to try and get the members more involved so that the parents can return before she gets baptized.

The best thing that happened this week is that we put a baptismal date this week with an investigator named Rosa, shes 80 years old, her daughter and grandaughter are members and she has been going to church for a while but hasn´t wanted to join the church yet. But we had a great lesson with her the other day and we are getting her ready for  her baptism this sunday! She has been really fun to teach, she has felt really good in church and is determined to make a change in her life so that she can follow Christ. Pray for her so that she can overcome whatever challenge that might come her way!!

This week we are going to the temple and we have the christmas conference. We are excited and I´m glad I get to go before I leave!

Well, I´m out of time, but I love you all so much and cant wait to see you in two weeks! 

Mucho amor,

Elder Eastmond

No comments:

Post a Comment