Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

Greenie coming

Hola Familia!!

This week was a little bit hard. Everything was going all good, we interviewed Itzel for her baptism and she passed and felt ready and everything, and so we were going to baptized her sunday after church. We went to her house to bring her to church on sunday, and she came out in sweats and a t-shirt and we were like oh no somethings wrong. She told us that she had some news and that she wasnt going to get baptized. She said that she didnt have the desire yet and that she didnt feel prepared. She said that we had taught her everything well but she didnt want to do it yet. Lots of times the people here are scared because its a big decision and they dont want to mess up after being baptized, so we tried to help her and find her doubts and everything but she didnt want to do it. She ended up coming to church with us and our mission leader gave a crazy powerful class on faith and we invited her right there to be baptized after church but she has doubts that she hasnt told us and didnt want to do it yet. So we are going to pass by this week and see what we can do to help her.

The picture is of a baptism from 2 of the Elders in our district. This lady is really neat and her name is Pilar. Her whole family had gotten baptized but she didnt want to yet, she had some problems and doubts. Elder Espinosa had been teaching her forever but they divided the area and the other misionaries started to come. They put a bunch of dates with her but they have all fallen through for one reason or another. But she finally got baptized on friday, she wanted Elder Espinosa to baptize her because he had taught her for so long, so we got to go to the baptism. It was really special because it had been a team effort with everyone, Elder Espinosa and I had both taught her a bunch on divisions and stuff and I had to do two interviews with her for some problems that she was having, but she finally made the decision and it was really special with her family there and everything.

So I have some crazy news! This week we have changes, and I am going to train a new misionary!! I´m sooooooooooooooooooo excited!! I´m going to stay here in this area and still be district leader, but I´m going to get a brand new missionary as a companion!! I still don´t know if he´s going to be American or mexican or from central america, but I do know that Im really really excited. Im so greateful for this chance that I get, it really is an oportunity really sacred, and I´m really nervous but greatful because everytime I start getting comfortable with something the Lord changes something up so I have to learn and improve as a missionary. Elder Espinosa is going to Veracruz to be a district leader, we have enjoyed our time together. We are going to Veracruz tomorrow to pick up the news and do changes and everything.

The other thing is that they changed the district up. Hermanas are going to arrive in one of the wards, and it is only going to be them and my companion and I in the district. The other two companionships of Elders are going to be a separate district. Its going to be really different but im excited because the Hermanas are all amazing and they work really hard.

To answer some questions

1. What is the funniest thing that happened to you this week?

That I´m always soooooooo cold in the mornings! We shower with cold water and I always have to wrap myself in a blanket in the morning, and my MEXICAN companion makes fun of me because hes not cold. And i bought my first pillow that ive had in all of my mission, haha

2. What is the weirdest thing you ate?

A sucker with chile powder

3. What are the houses like in your area? Is your area poor or middle classish? (Your apt looks pretty nice from the pix)

The houses are all middle classish , a little different than my other area. We live above an Hermana in the ward, and the house is sweet!!

4. Do you mostly walk in this area or do you take taxis or buses? Are the buses there crazy where every seat is full and then they pack you in like sardines with standing room only so that it takes you 30 minutes to make your way to the front when you need to get off if you're in the back?)

We walk alot but we also take taxi, because with interviews and stuff we are short on time sometimes, so we have to hurry. The busses usually aren{t too packed but there have been a couple of times where we had to stand.

Well, I love you all and hope you have a great week!! Thank you for the emails and the prayers!!!

Mucho amor,

Elder Eastmond

No comments:

Post a Comment