Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Weird fungus

Que dice familia?

It finally stopped raining! I read dads email and it said that grandma had been joking around about me getting some weird fungus on my feet?? well, it happened. Hahaha I attached a picture of the bottom of my foot that I took on thursday night. Turns out that having my feet so wet gave me athlete´s foot, and let me tell you, that has not been fun at all! I always just thought that athlete´s foot itched but it hurts soooo bad! You should have all seen how I was walking on thusday, like a total cripple it was the weirdest thing. We had to get a doctor to come over to the house on friday morning to look at my feet, and he put some weird liquid stuff on them that burned really bad and then gave me some powder stuff to rub on in the morning and at night. It stopped raining ever since so the weird fungus stuff is almost gone, but it was not a fun experience, haha. 

We have a baptism planned for this week! We found a little 9 year old girl named Norma, her parents are members and they havent gone for a couple of years but we are helping them and they are excited to start going every week, One of them came last week and we are giong to get the members really involved so they have more support. We had alot of less active members in church again and the family home evenings that we are doing with the ward have been good so far, we have two more planned for this week with some really good families. I got to talk in church about the importance of the recent converts, it turned out good and I was able to learn alot of some of the profecies about the growth and progress in the church being completed. There is a verse in D&C 89?... pretty sure its that section, its the Lord talking and he says that he will speed up the work in his time, and when I read it I realized that I have been a first hand witness of that here on the misison, every sinced they announced the reduced ages for the young men and women to go on missions! Its so cool to be apart of this!

Today for p day we went to a sweet waterfall hidden away in the middle of the jungle! We hiked so far into the jungle, I was worried that a boa constrictor was gonna come out of nowhere and eat us all. Seriously, it was like a movie, haha it was really neat and the water fall was gorgeous, I attached a couple of pictures so you can just see how pretty everything was. The pictures dont do the tuxtlas justice but it will have to do.

We have struggled a little bit to find new investigators, if you could pray for us to find new people, I know that we will! I´m grateful that you always pray for us and know that the Lord blesses us alot through you guys. I cant believe that I only have 3 weeks left, it seems unreal. I´m really going to miss the people here, every once in a while something happens to me or I talk to someone or eat something and realize that I only have 3 weeks left to enjoy it and enjoy what it is to be a full time misionary. It will be very hard to end, but at the same time I have absolutely no regrets, I know that I have given everything I have, I haven´t been perfect but I have tried to give my best effort and I am so grateful for the changes that I have been able to see in so many people during my time here!

I love you all so much, I`m excited to hear devin play the sax when I`m back, its sounds like hes just tearing it up!!

Mucho amor,

Elder Eastmond

No comments:

Post a Comment