Search This Blog

Saturday, October 26, 2013

"Around Veracruz in 4 days"

Hola familia!

I have sooooo much to tell you guys, seeing as I didnt really say much last week! So put your seatbelts on, this is gonna be a wild ride! 

So the zone conferences went really really well last week! We traveled all over the state to go see all of the missionaries. All of the zone conferences we did with at least two zones present, we passed videos of the baptismal pictures, the new missionaries, and then videos and pictures of the missionaries who go home soon. It was neat to be able to share our testimonies four times, but I was happy because I didn´t at all feel like it was time to go home yet, which makes me know that I still have a lot of work to do this last transfer. It was a neat experience travelling all over with President TreviƱo. How I have grown to love him in these past couple of months. We had a lot of conversations with hijm that taught me alot and helped my testimony to be strengthened even more. We had the chance to stay in a couple of hotels in the week...that was really really weird as a missionary, haha but we really enjoyed the experience, "around veracruz in 4 days" haha. 

I talked about how to obtain and follow the spirit in each of the conferences. I did an activity where I asked someone to build a tower out of plastic cups while the rest of us read a couple of scriptures, each cup represented something that we did to be obdedient or diligent in order to obtain the spirit, and on some of the cups I wrote some mission rules. Once the Elder finished the tower, I asked them how it was to build it, and they always said that It was hard and that it took alot of work and diligence. Then I took just one cup out from the bottom of the tower and it all fell over. I explained that if we decide to be lazy or decide to not obey just one little rule, we lose the spirit and we have to work 3 times as hard to earn it again. It turned out pretty good, I recieved a lot of good inspiration and direction from the spirit to be able to put the message together. I hope that the missionaries learned something from the spirit that can help them. The messages of president and Elder Egbert were soooo good and I´m grateful to have had the chance to participate in the conference with them.

So the Lord blessed us abundantely this week with some amazing invetigators. We only worked in the area one day last week so we were grateful for the blessings and the guidance that we recieved to be lead to thos who are seeking the gospel. Irene is going to be baptized on sunday after stake conference. She has been progressing so well in this last month and everything was going perfectly. But we hit a road block this week because her husband Bernardo has had a couple of challenges, so we had to postpone his baptism date for a couple of weeks. Irene is 100 ready and prepared to take this step, but she got a little sad about her husband and started thinking that it wasnt the right time and that she needed to wait to join the church so that she could get baptized the same day as her husband. But we knew that she was going to be able to help him 100 times more by being baptized because she would have the holy ghost and she would have a stronger testimony of the church. As Lehi partook of the fruit of the tree of life and afterwards shared it with her family, we felt strongly impressed to help her be baptized this sunday. The lord knows she is ready and wants her to take the step. So we fasted and prayed and had an amazing lesson with her and she made the decision to join the church this sunday! Im so excited for her and it was a miracle how the spirit touched her heart. Pray for her please that she can be strong and have the faith to follow through with her decision. 

Well, its oficial! I´m returing to the Tuxtlas to be a zone leader!! I can´t even describe how excited I am!! Its going to be a great transfer and I´m really excited for the change. The zone isn´t that big so it will be a fun differance to be able to work closer with a small group of missionaries!

I was close to tears as I read dad´s experience that he had while he was in New York. Thanks dad for sharing me all of that, I´m so glad that Heavenly Father is watching out for you and that he answers our prayers in every moment. My testimony was sure strenghened after hearing that!

We played tennis in the morning today and we are going to carve pumpkins right now with everyone in the offices! Its been an excellent week and I cant wait to tell you guys how next week is in the tuxlas!! I love you all so much!

Mucho amor, 

Elder Eastmond 

No comments:

Post a Comment