Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Feliz dia de la madre

Hola familia!

So we had a great week, found a bunch of new people and had a lot of investigators in church. we are excited!!

So for mothers day, Elder Farnsworth is going to talk to his family at like 5 pm on sunday so Im thinking I will skype you guys like a little bit after 6 pm, sounds good? Last time that I will skype you guys before seeing you all home...kinda crazy huh, how fast the time goes. This is actually the last week of the change, I could stay but there is a big chance that I get changed to another area. I will let you guys know what happened this sunday when we talk!

We have three people that we are preparing to be baptized this week. Diana, (Im soooo excited for her baptism, its going to be amazing) we are going to do her interview tonight. We are also working with a lady named Sylvia. She has been to church three times and just loves it. We are also working with a lady named Victoria who had talked alot to the missionaries before and we found her record in the area book. We went to visit her and found out that she really likes the church alot but she had a ton of doubts about the book of mormon. So we spent a lesson just explaining really good about the book and helping her with her doubts. She understands a lot better now, we read 1 Nefi 13 with her (Im pretty sure its 13...haha) that talks about how people took lots of plain and precious teachings and doctrine out of the bible, so the book of mormon gives us again these teachings so we have the fulness of the gospel. We left her homework now to read and really pray hard so she can feel that the book is true. Pray for the three of them so that they can receive the help and answers they need to be able to get baptized!

Last week, all 4 of us talked in church, that was really cool! I hadnt really spoken in a big big ward yet in the mission so it was really cool to be able to talk to so many people. As a missionary its the coolest oportunity to have the entire ward in front of you and being able to teach them, get them excited, and express gratitude to them for their help and support. It turned out pretty good because we coordinated the talks between us and everything, and afterwards lots of the members told us that it was well done and that they had learned alot about missionary work. 

The pictures are from a zone activity we did today. It didnt turn out as good as we wanted, we went to a wax museum but turns out like half of it was close for maintenence so we just ended up going to burger king, haha but it was a good time. 

Well, I just want you all to know that I am so grateful for this time that the Lord has given me to be a misionary. I feel so different than from when I started and I am enjoying the whole process and the ups and downs of the mission. I really have realized that Veracruz in the perfect mission for me and I have gained such a strong testimony of the atonement and of the church of Jesus Christ. I love you all soooo much and look forward to seeing you guys on sunday. Remember, a little after 6 i´ll skype you!! 

Mucho amor, 

Elder Eastmond

No comments:

Post a Comment